Thursday, September 12, 2013

Getting into a routine: puppy playgroups, taking her for a walk, & cuddling



 This week Nala had some diarrhea (what a great opening sentence haha).  I think it's due to her accidentally eating some people-food from the ground.  We went out to eat several times and brought her with us, so I'm assuming she found some old food on the ground while we were eating.  I know dogs have sensitive stomachs and all she's known for her short 3.5months of life is kibble.  But thankfully she is not having accidents in the apartment anymore.

I think Nala has a pretty good life, we include her in as many activities we do, basically the only place we don't take her is to the gym.  She's never alone because I work from home.  I knew that when I'd get a dog, I'd treat it like part of my family, so I don't see her as just a dog, but as a companion that I'd want to include in every aspect of my life.  So while some people might judge me for treating her almost like a human baby because I take her to puppy kindergarten class for training, puppy playgroups,etc, I just want to raise a good puppy just like some people want to raise good kids. 

She looks so calm but she's actually very interested in a bird that was walking on the road

I've never seen a dalmation in person.  Here's nala meeting one at a dog park.

She finally found a dog that will play with her.  She doesn't let him bully her, she fights back, lol


She made friends with a boxer

Self-entertained with a treat dispenser ball

After playtime, she is exhausted and falls asleep just about anywhere

Yes, I'm teaching Nala to appreciate Harry Potter movies

We went to the vet again for her third round of shots and she did so well, she deserved a kiss.  She weighs a whopping 17.5lbs!

At the latest puppy playgroup we went to, she did a lot better playing.  We didn't get put in "time-out".  

She likes to play "chase me" and a little pug was playing along with her.  Nala had to slow down to let the pug, Peanut, catch up to her, lol.

 It was a scorching day, poor baby girl couldn't stop panting.  We left immediately to find some shade and water for her, and us


 Just an ordinary day at the house, cuddling with my bestie :)

Another of her many sleeping pictures (It's hard to take pictures when she's awake because they all come out blurry, lol, being such a high energy dog)

No comments:

Post a Comment